Make your tableware dreams come true with our DIY Resin Coaster Making Kit, featuring all the materials you need to create your own amazing custom coasters!
This kit includes:
- 1 x 240ml set of epoxy resin (120ml part A, 120ml part B)
- 2 x irregular silicone coaster moulds
- 6 x holographic glitter sachets
- 6 x alcohol based inks
- 1 x tub of gold foil flakes
- 1 x 300ml measuring cup
- 5 mixing cups
- 5 mixing sticks
- 1 x pair of disposable gloves
- Safety data sheet and instructions
Create endless coaster combinations with the included inks, gold foil and glitter; these silicone coaster moulds are reusable and durable, meaning you can get multiple uses out of the one kit. To maximise the versatility of this coaster kit, add an epoxy pigment palette for opaque saturated colours and a different effect.
The 240ml resin set is a little more than enough to fill the 2 included coaster moulds. We recommend adding an extra set of resin if you're wanting to create more than 2 coasters.
How to use the Coaster Kit:
1. Prepare your workspace. Cover your table with a disposable plastic tablecloth or some cling wrap to protect it from the resin, lay out your mould and supplies and pop your gloves on
2. Mix equal parts A and B resin together in your measuring cup. We recommend mixing all your resin to fill both moulds once. You will have a little extra resin left over so have another mould or small project ready to use up any left over resin! Make sure you pour exactly 50% A and 50% B or your resin may not cure completely hard. Stir your resin thoroughly for 2 minutes, ensuring to scrape the sides and the bottom edge so that it is all incorporated
3. Work your magic!
- For glitter or gold foil, mix with clear resin before adding to your moulds.
- For all-over coloured resin, decant some resin into a mixing cup and mix in 5-10 drops of dye
- For more intense and speckled colour effects, pour clear resin into your moulds and then add droplets of dye over the clear resin. Swirl a mixing stick through the dye drops to blend the colours slightly. Experiment with this effect and have fun with it! Avoid adding more than 15 drops of dye per coaster as this may impact the resin's ability to cure
4. Once you have poured your designs into the moulds leave them to cure for 24hrs before demoulding. Enojy!